Software Developer, Android Automotive
Sweden | Lund
Software Developer, Android Automotive
Robert Bosch AB | Sweden | Lund | Functional Area: Engineering, Software Development
Welcome to a world, where your ideas lead to something big. Welcome to Bosch.
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. In Lund we develop product for automotive, ebike and IoT, Lund is a new software center within Bosch and we are around 150 engineers working with different products for tomorrows automotive. Welcome to Bosch!
At the Bosch software center in Lund we need to enforce the Android Automotive development team. We work with the integration of Android on Bosch touch-screen center head unit for passenger cars. These infotainment systems are increasingly becoming a vital part of the driver/passenger experience with richer functionality such as smartphone integration, navigation, security, and internet connectivity. Much of this provided by Google, but with additional services/apps developed by Bosch. The usage of Android in head units are an important part of the Car Multimedia business unit. The coming systems combine the infotainment screen with the instrument panel, runs hypervised and is highly integrated with the vehicle computers..
At a glance
Your contribution to something big
- Take part in identifying strategies and designing software.
- Participate in every stage of the software development from requirement analysis, design, and implementation to module and system verification.
- Adopt underlying layers for Android Automotive to run on Bosch hardware.
- Bring in new releases from Google and add customer features.
- Communicate with other software teams and if necessary also customers.
- Build prototypes and demonstrators for fares and acquisitions.
The Android Automotive team in Lund owns the Android software main line and governs it for easy start of customer projects. But the team is also part of early work with prototypes and demonstrators for fares and acquisitions. This opens up for both technical depth and broad scope for the team which works in all layers from hardware abstraction up to Android applications – your knowledge about the Android framework is highly valued.
We are not only valuing your expertise based on tenure – mindset, drive, and personality are equally important aspects.
What distinguishes you on the personal level:
- Master/Bachelor in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar.
- Relevant experience from software development in embedded systems.
- Knowledge about the Android framework and HAL is highly valued.
- Thorough knowledge about object-oriented development and design.
- Excellent C/C++ and/or Java programming skills.
- Experience of agile development and continuous Integration.
- Ability to work in international teams, distributed all over the world.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English, German will be a plus).
Your future job location offers you
Flexible worktime options, benefits and services, medical services, employee discounts, various sports and health opportunities, on-site parking, catering facilities, access to local public transport, room for creativity, urban infrastructures, rural surroundings.
Diversity is our strength! At Bosch we look at Diversity in Gender, Generation, Internationalities and Culture as our Advantage. We believe mixed teams to be more successful because they utilize the potential offered by different perspectives and solution strategies. We therefore promote mixed teams at all levels and draw on the entire talent pool.
Please submit your CV and application on 2019-10-31, at the latest.